Effective March 11, 2014
This privacy statement describes how Answerbook, Inc. (“Answerbook,” “we,” “us,” “our”) collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website located at mailtrackerapp.com , answerbook.com and/or mobile apps and related services (collectively, the "Services"). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
We also collect the following information from you:
- Demographic information such as household income, age, education, gender, interests, and zip code
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the personal information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
You may choose to import contacts from your Outlook or other email account address book for the purpose of inviting your contacts to become a member of our site. We collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Answerbook Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of its assets or similar event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
-to agents, consultants and related third parties that Answerbook hires to perform
certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
-to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) to us, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at http://mailtrackerapp.com/tos.html.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
1355 Market St., Suite 488
San Francisco, CA 94103